About CEA Ohio
Correctional Education Association of Ohio is part of Correctional Education Association Region III. The organization is dedicated to helping correctional educators to do the following:
- To be the leading professional organization for educators in criminal and/or juvenile justice setting.
- To attain 10% membership of all criminal and juvenile justice educators in other countries.
- To be a strong force in improving public perception/image of and in increasing a positive public awareness of correctional education as an integral and essential part of correctional management.
- To be the primary source of professional support and professional information, and to be the primary facilitator of networking for educators in criminal and/or juvenile justice settings.
- To improve the organizational efficiency and sustainability.
The mission of the Correctional Education Association is:
- To prepare correctional students for a successful reentry into society by equipping them with academic, career/technical, and personal/social skills.
- To support correctional educators providing quality educational programs with opportunities for leadership, networking, publication, professional development, and personal growth.
- To increase community awareness and legislative support for correctional education through public relations and legislative advocacy.